Sunday, June 13, 2010

MoerLein Discovery Pack

Moerlein Discovery Pack. Took a family trip to Cincinnati for the weekend, and what family trip would be complete without some sampling of the local refreshments. And sample I did. The Moerlein brewery is in Cincinnati and I was fortunate enough to find two of these packs. Each pack had 3 bottles of 4 different beers: Over the Rhine Ale, Barbarossa Double Dark Lager, Lager House Original Golden Helles, and one featured brew. The featured brews in this case was The Friend of an Irishman Stout, or The Emancipator Doppel Bock. I elected to go with the the stout as the last doppel bock (AndyGator) I had was still lingering on my tatsebuds as warning to all who approached. It was great finding a sample pack as it provided me variety and allowed me to tour the brewery while still hanging out poolside watching my spawn swim. I like that I even had choices in the variety pack. I used the Ale and the Stout to make a Black and Tan. This is one of those cases of 2 great tastes tasting great together, my pour was poor, but it will get better as will the Black and Tans, as this was more of a Black and Dark Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment